Supporting Information for Weddings
Schedule & availability
Special services can be held from the first Saturday in June through the last Saturday in September.
(Weddings, Vow Renewals, Christenings and Memorial Services)
Interview with sponsor/Trustee
Carol Snelling 603-968-9809 email@example.com
You must schedule an interview prior to your wedding either by phone or in person.
Transportation to the Island (Note:A limited number of wheelchairs are available on the Island)
- Squam Lakes Natural Science Center (ask for Sharon Warga) 603-968-7194
- Currently leaving from Public Boat launch on RT 113. (Please reference Accessibility for details)
- Experience Squam (SeaRay Bowrider) 603-968-3990
- Squam Lakeside Farm (Suzanne or Carolyn) 603-968-7227
Local Churches (alternate locations in case of rain)
- The Trinity Church; Located on the grounds of Holderness School. Rustic & charming – no electricity with old style box pews. $250 non-refundable. Seats 100. Contact Linda Folsom-603-375-4038
- Federated Church of Sandwich 603-284-6151 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holderness Community Church 603-968-3219
- Center Harbor Congregational Church 603-253-7698 or 603-253-8668
- St Mark’s Episcopal Church (Ashland) 603-968-7640
Note: If you are from out of state, please check the NH Marriage Guidelines (available at any Town Clerk’s office) regarding the location of your alternative site.
- Contact the Squam Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 665, Ashland NH 03217.
- 603-968-4494 for suggestions. www.squamlakeschamber.com
- The Common Man Restaurants www.thecman.com
- Noelle Beaudin 603-284-6550 email@example.com
- Edna Van Saun 603-539-4595 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathleen Smith 603-744-2736 email@example.com
- Peggy Johnson 603-986-6839
You will need two strong pumpers (12+ years of age). The organ is cranked by hand and requires some training.
Bozena O’Brien 603-744-6776 or 603-455-8851
Ms. O’Brien can organize any size or type of chamber music (duet, trio, quartet, etc.)
This is a partial listing of local clergy available for private ceremonies in the event that you do not have your own clergy to perform the ceremony. Note: Church Island is not consecrated. The Catholic Church prohibits priests from performing ceremonies on unconsecrated ground.
Reverend Dr. Virginia Jones-Newton 603-284-6288
United Methodist Church (retired)
Reverend Carol Snow-Asher 603-744-7864
American Baptist/Congregational UCC,
Reverend Paulo Franco 773-458-3743 (cell)
United Church of Christ 603-458-3743 (office)